Happy November to you & i! I hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween and that you enjoyed the extra hour of sleep this morning. Yesterday, we spent the day cheering on the BC Eagles with a Halloween-inspired menu and I am excited to share it with you on this cozy Sunday evening. A few surprise visitors, a crisp fall day and a menu that was spook-tacular made this week’s tailgating menu something for everyone to enjoy. Here’s our menu, our recipe of the week, and some pictures, if you would like to see…
- Breakfast Pasta Salad
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- Cheese-Stuffed, Bacon-Wrapped Tater Tots
- Halloweenies (a.k.a. Mini Hot Dogs)
- Burgers and Chicken Patties
- Apple Caramel Dip
- Homemade Chili (see recipe below)
- Cold Cut Dip
- Refried Bean Dip
- Assortment of Halloween Candy
- Graveyard Cake Dessert
- Graveyard Cupcakes
- Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Hot Spiked Cider
Recipe of the Week: Homemade Chili
- 1 large sweet onion (diced coarsely)
- 1 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 2 large cans crushed tomatoes
- 2-3 large cans tomato sauce
- 2 large cans kidney beans
- 1 large can black beans
- 3 tbsp. Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1-2 packages McCormick’s Hot Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1-2 packages regular McCormick’s Taco Seasoning Mix
- In a large sauce pan, fry hamburger meat and cook onions until just tender.
- Add all the rest of the ingredients, mixing in the taco seasoning a little at a time.
- Bring to a vigorous bubble. Simmer for at least 1 hour.
- Serve with shredded Mexican cheese and oyster crackers or freeze to enjoy for a future chilly day (no pun intended)!