The crisp fall air has settled in, oranges, reds and yellows now adorn the leaves of the trees lining the streets and the football season is in full swing. To get you excited about today’s games, I wanted to share with you our most recent tailgate menu that was inspired by Mexican cuisine with some fall flavors mixed in. This has been one of our favorite menus so far and I couldn’t wait for you & i to enjoy it together. Stay tuned for next week’s Halloween-themed menu!
- Make-Your-Own Fajita Bar (Chicken, Steak, Cheese, Peppers, Onions, Sour Cream, Guacamole, Tortillas)
- Pulled Pork Nachos
- Rice and Bean Salad
- Avocado Salad
- Apple Caramel Dip
- Pepperoni Puffs (see recipe below)
- Thai Pizza
- Pumpkin Spice One-Bite-Delight Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Assortment of Candy
Recipe of the Week: Pepperoni Puffs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 1 1/4 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 1/2 cup pepperoni (diced)
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, milk, egg and cheese. Mix well.
- Stir in diced pepperoni. Let stand for 15 minutes
- Spoon into greased mini muffin cups, filling 3/4 full.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 25-35 minutes or until golden.