Nate and I had been looking forward to Friday night’s tailgate since the beginning of the season. We were playing Florida State, a highly ranked school, it was the first (and probably only) night game and Nate’s BC football friends and family were coming for a mini-reunion. With the weather a mix of a perfect summer day fading into the faint resemblance of a crisp fall night, there was excitement in the air for everyone to feel. Since the game began at 8 p.m., we only had to prepare a pregame tailgate and with many hands helping to contribute, we had plenty of food to pick on. Here is our menu, the Tessipe of the week and some pictures, if you would like to see…
- Meatball subs
- Taco Roll-ups (see recipe below)
- English Muffin Grilled Pizzas
- Kielbasa in a Barbecue Sauce
- Fried Chicken
- Assortment of Candy
- Chips and Dip
Tessipe of the Week: Taco Roll-Ups
- 1 pack Mission Wraps Original
- 2 (4.25 oz.) cans of Chopped Olives
- 1 (24 oz) jar of Chi-Chi’s Medium Thick and Chunky Salsa
- 1 packet of Old El Paso Original Taco Seasoning Mix
- 2 (8 oz.) blocks of Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese
- 1 (8 oz.) bag of Kraft Mexican Style Four Cheese Shredded Cheese
- Bring the Philadelphia Original Cream Cheese to room temperature (it will be easier to spread).
- Pour the Chi-Chi’s Medium Thick and Chunky Salsa into a strainer to drain excess water.
- On a flat surface, lay out a Mission Wrap Original.
- In the middle of the wrap, put a big dollop of the room temperature cream cheese, a hefty sprinkle of the taco seasoning and then big spoonfuls of the salsa and olives on top of that. All of these should be in a little mound in the middle of the wrap.
- With a spoon, spread all of these ingredients so that they cover the surface of the wrap, leaving about an inch of bare wrap around the outer edge.
- Once everything is mixed well and spread around the wrap, lightly cover the top with the shredded Mexican cheese.
- Starting at one end of the wrap, tightly roll until you get to the other end. Make sure the seam of the wrap is facing down on the countertop.
- Transfer this roll-up to a tupperware container, the seam of the wrap still facing down.
- Repeat with additional wraps.
- Refrigerate all of your roll-ups for at least 2 hours. For best results, refrigerate over night.
- Once ready to eat, cut off both ends of each roll-up.
- Lastly, cut each roll-up into one-inch slices.
- Serve on a platter and enjoy!