As the summer heat slowly drifts away and the crisp fall air comes to take its place, I can’t help but be excited for what’s to come in the next few months. Pumpkin flavored everything, apple picking, apple cider, the orange and red foliage, an extra blanket to cozy up with at night and so much more. But most importantly, tailgating before and after our alma mater football games. One of mine and Nate’s joys is to create menus for each home game for everyone to enjoy and with our friends now a part of our tailgate food discussions, I thought it would be fun to share with you our weekly menus. First up this week, we decided to have a “mixed grill” with remaining frozen summer BBQ fare; chicken, ground beef and sausage with some yummy sides. Here’s the whole menu, if you would like to see…
- Fresh Fruit Salad
- Homemade Pumpkin Bread
- Assortment of Bagels and Cream Cheese
- Chicken Patties
- Sausage and Peppers
- Hot Dogs
- Oreo Brownies
- Peanut Butter Cereal Bars
- Blue Cheese and Bacon Potato Salad
- BLT Dip
- Pasta Salad
- Chips and Dip
- Six-Layer Mexican Dip
Recipe of the Week: BLT Dip
- 1lb. Oscar Mayer Fully Cooked Bacon (thick cut)
- 1 cup Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1 cup Hood All Natural Sour Cream
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 head of Iceberg Lettuce
- 1 box Bagel Crisps
- Cook bacon until crispy and then crumble into a bowl.
- Add sour cream, mayonnaise, and tomatoes. Stir together.
- Chill mixture until time to serve.
- Cut lettuce into small squares and serve alongside the dip.
- Serve with bagel crisps.
- Scoop the dip with a bagel crisp and place a lettuce square on top.