Among the staples that Nate and I seem to keep in our refrigerator and pantry are ranch dressing, blue cheese dressing, and Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce. That’s why it didn’t surprise me when Nate spontaneously decided to whip up his own sauce by mixing these three ingredients together one day. In the mood for a little snack and craving to create a new Tessipe, he drizzled his now “Famous Buffalo Sauce” over a layer of Tostito chips with a sprinkle of Mexican blend cheese on top and then slipped them into the oven for a few minutes. The result was an original twist on everyday nachos. The chips were crispy and doused in his tangy pink dressing while the melted cheese made my tastebuds tingle with Sharp Cheddar, Colby and Monterey Jack. We now make these “Nate-chos” every time we want a little something, adding shredded chicken when we want a little something more. It is one of our favorites and is included in our Barefoot Natessa cookbook. Here’s the Tessipe for you and i.
What you will need:
¼ cup Ranch salad dressing
¼ cup Blue Cheese salad dressing
⅛ cup Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce
½ bag Tostito Scoop chips
½ bag Mexican Blend cheese
1 Chicken breast (optional)
1 tbsp. olive oil (optional)
1) In a small bowl, mix the Ranch salad dressing, Blue Cheese salad dressing and Frank’s Original Red Hot Sauce together thoroughly.
2) Layer the chips on a baking sheet.
3) Cover the chips with the dressing mixture.
4) Sprinkle the cheese on top of the sauce.
5) Bake at 350 degrees until the cheese has melted.
1) Pour olive oil into a small sauce pan, add the chicken and cook through.
2) Shred the cooked chicken.
3) Layer the chips on a baking sheet.
4) Spread the shredded chicken evenly across the chips.
5) Perform steps 3, 4 and 5 from above.