Chocolate Covered Strawberries
Last week at work, we decided to have a little impromptu Valentine’s Day soiree to kick off the weekend. With everyone deciding what they would bring, I immediately thought to make chocolate covered strawberries. A decadent yet delicate dessert, they combine two things that are the epitome of Valentine’s Day; red and chocolate. Wrapped in silver liners, they were little hearts draped with Hershey. I set them on the table where other goodies were waiting to be enjoyed and everyone started asking me how I made them. “These strawberries are so big!” “What kind of chocolate do you use?” “Can you give me the recipe?” Until that point, I never realized how something so simple can be so delicious AND quick to make. The best part is, they aren’t too expensive and can definitely fit into a busy day of work, going to the gym, cooking dinner, etc. Here’s the Tessipe for you & i:
What you will need:
1 large container of strawberries (I like to use Driscoll’s)
1 bag of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate chips (you can also use Hershey’s Dark/White/Semi-sweet Chocolate chips)
1 package of baking cup liners (Wilton makes a 1.25 in diameter which are perfect)
1) Wash strawberries thoroughly and pat dry.
2) Pour entire bag of chocolate chips in a small glass bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Stir chocolate. Place back in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir thoroughly until chocolate is smooth.
3) Once thoroughly melted, delicately dip the strawberries into the chocolate, lift and twist the strawberries to let the excess chocolate drip back into the bowl.
4) Place strawberries into liners.
5) Refrigerate uncovered until. chocolate hardens.
6) Once the chocolate is hardened, cover strawberries and refrigerate until ready to serve.
*I love to make these for any occasion or just for a special treat*