Ever since the wind swept away the warm August air and ushered in the September crisp breeze (and football!), I have been looking forward to making all of the different Tessipes that smell and taste like fall, banana bread being on the top of my list. Without a doubt, one of the best smells on Football Saturday (Go BC!) or Sunday (Go Pats!) is a homemade banana bread baking in the oven. Although delicious any time of the year, I especially love whipping this up before any tailgate for everyone to enjoy. It has been tweaked throughout the years so that it creates the perfect breakfast bread meets chocolate and banana and has a combination of ingredients to make it soft, moist and great to dunk in a cup of joe. I have made this Tessipe countless times and still love the taste of my first bite, reminding me that it is time to relax, watch some great football and soak up a crisp fall Sunday. Here’s the Tessipe:
What you will need (makes 2 small loaves):
1/2 cup Canola Oil
1 cup Sugar
3 Ripe Bananas (mashed)
2 cups Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/2 Tsp. Baking Powder
3 Tbsp. Milk (2% or whole)
1/2 Tsp. Vanilla
1/2 bag of 16 oz. Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips
2 loaf pans
1) In a large mixing bowl, add the canola oil and sugar. Beat together until light and fluffy.
2) Add the eggs and ripe bananas to the large mixing bowl. Beat together until well combined.
3) Sift the flour, baking soda and baking powder. Add to the large mixing bowl.
4) Add the milk and vanilla. Beat together.
5) Stir in chocolate chips.
6) Pour into 2 greased loaf pans.
7) Bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes (test for doneness by inserting a toothpick into the center of the loaf, if it comes out clean then the bread is done).
It’s that time of year again, you & i falling into the season!