This is one Tessipe that you don’t want to miss. A layer of brownie, a layer of chocolate chip cookie dough, a layer of melted chocolate chips. Each layer could be a dessert in itself but when combined all together, it makes the ultimate chocolate dessert that will have you saying “Oh My God.” Even after years of making these Triple Layered Brownies, I still get excited to share them with everyone. Here’s a little background: I first created this Tessipe when I had to make a dessert for a group of people. Instead of whipping up something quick and easy, I decided to try and put a spin on the average brownie or cookie to make something complex yet delicious. The result was a thin, fudge brownie as the foundation, cookie dough (without the egg) as the glue in the middle, and melted chocolate chips to frost the top. They are extremely easy to make and are one of my favorite desserts no matter the time of year. Since they are served right out of the freezer, they are cold to the touch to either make the perfect summertime sweet or the comfort food you crave in the winter. This Tessipe gives you the rich and sophisticated bite of all three flavors mixed together. Here’s the Tessipe:
What you will need:
13×9 baking pan
1 Box of Betty Crocker Fudge Brownies Mix
1 Bag of Betty Crocker Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix
1 Bag of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips
1) In the 13×9 baking pan, bake the Fudge Brownies Mix according to the instructions on the box (make sure to spray the bottom of the pan with PAM).
2) While the brownies are baking in the oven, mix the Chocolate Chip Cookie Mix in a mixing bowl WITHOUT adding the egg.
3) When the brownies are done baking, immediately start adding the Chocolate Chip Cookie dough by pressing it gently onto the hot brownie layer (**see note below**). The Chocolate Chip Cookie dough will become the second layer. Don’t worry if the cookie dough layer looks like it is melting, this will become firm while in the freezer.
**Note: the best way to add the layer of Chocolate Chip Cookie dough is to grab little handfuls of the dough and then flatten it out in your hands by patting your hands together. The Chocolate Chip Cookie dough will resemble a little pancake. Make several little pancakes and use these to cover the brownie layer.**
4) While you are spreading the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough, place the whole bag of Hershey’s Chocolate Chips in a small glass bowl and heat in the microwave for 1 minute. When the Chocolate Chips are done melting in the microwave, stir them with a spoon to make a nice thick mixture. Immediately spread the melted Chocolate Chips on top of the Cookie Dough layer. (This will make your third and final layer).
5) Immediately place the brownies in the freezer.
6) After 45 minutes, cut the brownies into squares with a sharp knife and place the individual squares onto a plate.
7) Place the plate with the Triple Layered Brownies in the freezer overnight.
8) Serve cold on a decorative dish.
Here’s to you & i having a brownie, cookie and chocolate all in one!