Happy summer solstice! Today officially marks the beginning of my favorite season and the longest day of the year. To celebrate, I want to share with you one of my all-time favorite dips that you can bring to any cocktail hour, bbq or picnic in the park: Spinach and Artichoke Dip. Although the blending of spinach and artichoke might sound easy, I have tried numerous recipes that have gone completely wrong. After many attempts to make the perfect dip for my pita chip, Nate and I finally took all of the recipes that didn’t seem to work and came up with our own Tessipe to create the ultimate creamy and cheesy combination. The ingredients are simple but the key to this Tessipe is the freshly grated Pecorino Romano Cheese. Since it is grated so fine, it ties all of the flavors together and surprises your tastebuds by giving it an added kick. This Spinach and Artichoke Tessipe is your next hit appetizer and I can’t wait for you to tell me what you think! Here’s the Tessipe:
What you will need:
1 box of frozen chopped spinach (thawed and drained REALLY well)
Juice of 1/4 of a medium-sized lime
3 garlic cloves (minced)
1 can of Rienzi Artichoke Hearts (drained, dried and chopped into tiny pieces)
16 oz. of Philadelphia Cream Cheese (brought to room temperature)
1/2 cup of Hellman’s Mayonnaise (can use “Light”)
1/3 cup of grated Pecorino Romano Cheese (Best when fresh from an Italian Deli and then grated at home)
1) In a large mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese and mayonnaise. Mix well until blended.
2) Add in garlic and Pecorino Romano Cheese. Mix well.
3) Add in chopped spinach and artichoke hearts. Mix well.
4) Squeeze in 1/4 juice of the medium-sized lime. (If you’re a lime lover, you can squeeze in 1/2 juice of the lime instead).
5) Heat oven to 350 degrees.
6) Put the entire spinach and artichoke dip mixture into a small baking pan. Bake for 30 minutes.
7) Serve warm with a big bag of Stacy’s Pita Chips (and a margarita)!
The perfect way for you & i to kick off the summer!