Happy National Donut Day! In honor of this day and since I love mini everything, I thought it would be a great idea to find a mini donut baking pan to make more than just homemade donuts. After weeks on the hunt, I finally found and bought one at my new favorite store, Sur La Table (seen here). In hopes of making all kinds of one bite delights with my new baking accessory, I chose to make a simple chocolate chip cookie batter for my first batch. Whether you like to use a mix (I used Betty Crocker this time around), a recipe from the back of a chocolate chip bag or an old family recipe, these mini chocolate chip cookie donuts are going to tickle your taste buds. They are just the right size to pop one (or two or three) into your mouth and since they are so little, they are extremely moist. Here are some secrets to making these mini donuts a success:
1) Put extra chocolate chips into your batter. I like to pour an extra 1/2 bag of Hershey’s Milk Chocolate Chips.
2) Make sure to spray the mini donut pan with PAM before transferring the batter to ensure they pop out easily after baking.
3) Fill each mini donut insert about halfway to the top (so that they don’t overflow onto the sides while baking).
4) Make sure to poke the holes in the middle of the donut even after taking them out of the oven.
5) Bake for 10-12 minutes or until the top of the mini cookie donuts are a light brown.
These mini chocolate chip cookie donuts are simple, fun, delicious and the perfect way for you & i to celebrate National Donut Day. Enjoy!