Happy Easter everyone! This is a surprise Easter post for you & i. Since college, Nate and I have loved to cook and bake together to create fun and delicious recipes. In celebration of Easter, here is an awesome contribution from Nate and his Peeps:
Peep S’mores, S’more Eggs, Easter S’more. Call them whatever you want, just be ready to ask for s’more! Remember decorating Easter eggs when you were younger? This delicious dessert brings back all of that fun combined with the delicious taste of a childhood favorite, S’mores. This time, however, the chocolate is not on the inside, it is on the outside. This is a fun and easy recipe for a last minute dessert and the process is so easy. Make a bunch of these festive treats for the family this Easter and it will be sure to bring back wonderful memories of coloring eggs and roasting marshmallows for all. It is an old school snack with a fun new Easter twist!
What you will need:
1 Box of Honey Flavored Graham Crackers
1 Bag of Nestle Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
1 Box of Easter Peeps
What you will need for the Chocolate Dip:
2 tablespoons melted margarine
2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
2 tablespoons hot water
1 cup confectioners’ sugar
½ tablespoon vanilla
Chocolate Dip Recipe:
1) Combine the melted margarine, cocoa and hot water.
2) Blend in the confectioner’s sugar and vanilla.
3) The glaze will harden when cool
Instructions for the Easter S’mores:
1) Cut 14 graham crackers into an egg shape (for Easter, of course!).
2) Follow the above recipe and mix all of the ingredients together to make the Chocolate Dip.
3) Dip the egg-shaped graham crackers in the Chocolate Dip.
4) Sandwich one Easter Peep between two of the now chocolate covered crackers.
5) Decorate your Easter S’more with sprinkles, candies or anything else colorful and fun!
6) Let the Easter S’mores sit on a drying rack to harden.
A S’MOREgasbord for you and i!