Garbage pickin’ never tasted so good….until now. This kind of white trash gives you the sweet and salty, the crunch and crisps, and breakfast and dessert all in one. Since I am a chocolate-loving, crunch-craving kind of gal, white trash is one of my favorite desserts. The white chocolate chips melt fusing all of the mixed pieces together like a puzzle and fashioning a decadent frosting. The pretzels and M & M’s combine with the Crispix and Cheerios creating a burst of color and tingling tastebuds. I personally love it when I pick up a big cluster out of the whole clump (what I like to call a “glob of goodness”). The best part of this Tessipe is that it is extremely easy, quick and you most likely have the ingredients already in your pantry. The amounts can be altered to make many batches or just enough for one and can be mixed up in a matter of minutes. It’s fun to switch up the color of M & M’s to match the holidays and give the clusters a little color. I picked a Valentine’s day theme for this batch. Have fun pickin’ through your own trash! Here’s the Tessipe:
What you will need:
6 cups of Kellogg’s Crispix cereal
3 cups of plain Cheerios
3 cups of Rold Gold stick pretzels (break each pretzel in half)
1 1/2 bags of milk chocolate M & M’s
2 bags of Ghiradelli Classic White Chocolate Chips
1) Mix everything together in a large bowl except the white chocolate chips. This is your “trash” mixture.
2) In a small glass bowl, melt the white chocolate chips in the microwave for about 1 minute and 30 seconds. Stir often. (Be careful: if you leave the chips in the microwave too long, they can burn.)
3) Slowly pour the melted white chocolate over the trash stirring gently to incorporate all of the white chocolate.
4) Cover two baking sheets with wax paper. Pour mixture onto the sheets. (Clusters will form, that’s what you want)
5) Put the wax paper with the trash mixture in the freezer for 5 minutes.
6) Take out of the freezer after 5 minutes and let it dry on the counter.
7) After it is dry, break the mixture into chunks.
8) Store in a Tupperware container.
You & i are going to be munching on trash for days!