A new year means new Tessipes and I can’t wait to share with you this next delicious treat. You & i are going to start 2013 with a sweet tooth! If there are two things that I absolutely love in the world of dessert and drink they would be ice cream and coffee. Put them together and you get one of the ultimate combinations: Cappuccino Pie! Not only is this a melt-in-your mouth pie, but it is extremely easy and doesn’t have to bake in the oven. Since I am living in my first real-world apartment and working my first real-world job, sometimes it’s hard to set aside time to dedicate myself to an elaborate dessert before going to a tailgate or dinner party. This Cappuccino Pie is perfect for any occasion and you can whip it up in no time! The crunch of the crust and the smooth texture of the ice cream makes it a double threat for your tastebuds. Here’s the Tessipe:
What you will need:
For the crust:
1 package Nabisco Chocolate Wafers
4 Tbsp. Unsalted Butter (melted)
For the pie:
1 container of Vanilla Ice Cream (I like Breyer’s)
1 container of Coffee Ice Crean (Again, I like Breyer’s)
1 Cup chopped walnuts
1 jar of 12.8 oz Hershey’s Special Dark Chocolate Fudge Topping
Instructions for the crust:
1) Place cookie wafers and melted butter in food processer and process until wafers become crumbs (if you don’t have a food processor you can put wafers in a zip lock back and use a rolling pin to crush them with the butter).
2) Place crumbs in a good size pie dish with high sides (mine is just over 9″) and pat down firmly with your hand and up the sides.
Instructions for the pie:
1) Take out both containers of ice cream and let them stand at room temperature until they start to get soft.
2) Put both containers into a large bowl and mix with a large spoon (this takes a little effort because the ice cream should still be somewhat firm not runny).
3) Add walnuts and mix in.
4) Gently spoon ice cream into crust until it is full and mounded in the middle. You might have a little ice cream left over…thats for you & i!
6) When you are ready to serve, heat your Hershey’s chocolate sauce in the microwave for about 1 minutes (make sure to take the cover off).
7) With a sharp knife cut into the pie making sure to go through the crust.
8) Spoon chocolate sauce over your pie slice and add a dollop of whipped cream!
It’s time for you & i to dig in! Enjoy!