With the weekend just hours away and the fall weather chilling the air, it’s time to take out my Pumpkin Bread Tessipe! What’s a fall day without a homemade pumpkin bread baking in the oven infusing the house with smells of pumpkin and cinnamon? It’s yummy, moist, and most of all, rich with chocolate chips (I’m a chocolate lover!). To top it all off, you can bake it in a pan with pumpkin forms from Williams-Sonoma (http://www.williams-sonoma.com/) to give it that little extra autumn touch. It’s the perfect treat to eat for breakfast, with coffee (try dunking it!), for lunch, for dinner and even for dessert! It’s one of the many tastes of fall which we can now enjoy together, you & i!
Pumpkin Bread Tessipe
*this Tessipe makes two loaves of pumpkin bread*
1 cup canola oil
2 cups sugar
4 large eggs (room temperature)
1 15oz. can of pumpkin
3 cups all purpose flour
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
2/3 cup milk chocolate chips
1) In a mixing bowl, mix the canola oil and sugar well.
2) Add the eggs and mix well.
3) Add the can of pumpkin and mix well.
4) Add in the all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and ground cloves. Mix well.
5) Stir in the milk chocolate chips (more chocolate chips=more chocolately flavor!)
6) Spray crisco onto the loaf pans. Wipe out the excess with a paper towel.
7) Bake on 350 degrees for 45-50 or until done.
8) Try not eating it all at once!